Hardwood flooring has become an infallible choice when laying a floor that can make your room elegant and comfortable.
The advantages and disadvantages of choosing one of the best types of hardwood floors are varied.
The main advantage of this floor is that its installation is one of the fastest, unlike other types of options. However, the most common disadvantage of this floor is that it needs constant maintenance. If this is not done, moisture can be generated under it and damage the floor.
Of course, if proper care is followed and suitable materials are used for maintenance, hardwood floors will continue to be one of the best options, thanks to how they look and their durability.
Choosing among the best types of hardwood floors may seem complicated; however, here are some considerations to take into account before choosing the ideal floor. Which are:
- That the room is adequately ventilated so that moisture does not accumulate.
- The traffic in the room.
- Whether functional or elegant flooring is needed.
- The size of the room(s).
Types of Hardwood Floors
If you have already decided to purchase one of the best types of hardwood floors, it is important to mention that there is a great variety of them. Each is designed with a unique material and purpose, so you will likely find the floor that perfectly meets your needs.
Some of the best types of hardwood floors are:
- Oak: Recommended in dimly lit rooms such as a meeting room, bathroom, or office.
- Red Oak: The perfect floor for rooms where light entry is more common because its color does not stain with sun exposure.
- White Oak: Considered one of the best types of hardwood floors for its elegance and shine, it is usually placed in rooms of the house such as the dining room, living room, or kitchen.
- Walnut: Of a darker color, it is recommended in corridors.
- Maple: An option that reflects distinction, refinement, and good taste.
- Hard Maple: This option offers benefits such as elegance and distinction; however, its maintenance tends to be more recurrent.
- Silver Maple: This material has become the material of choice for housing and commercial projects.
- Cherry: It offers benefits such as being abrasion resistant, environmentally friendly, and easy to maintain. Considered one of the best types of hardwood floors.
- Teak: This material is perfect in areas such as the patio since this wood is much thicker and resistant, so it will not be affected by the rains or the sun’s rays.
- Jatoba: It has the same resistance as teak flooring, with the difference that it can be installed outdoors and indoors.
- Beech: Recommended for bathrooms, kitchens, bedrooms, dining rooms, and terraces with light commercial traffic.
- Ash: A fine wood floor recommended for any type of room.
- Ebony: Its design makes the room look more spacious.
- Bamboo: A material that offers modernity and aesthetics to the room.
Comparison of Hardwood Floor Types
As you can see, each of the hardwood floors has different characteristics, which perfectly meet different types of needs.
Most of the best types of hardwood floors are extremely durable, and although some have drawbacks on issues such as moisture, the number of materials that have this problem are few.
Constant care and maintenance will allow you to enjoy an elegant floor for much longer without changing it completely every so often, compared to other materials.
These prices vary depending on the type of wood flooring chosen, as some offer more resistance, are thicker, or look better aesthetically, which can make their cost higher.
How to Choose the Right Hardwood Floor for Your
As it has been said, to choose one of the best types of hardwood floors effectively, it is necessary to know the needs of the space to find the ideal floor.
Style and interior design are very important when selecting the ideal floor; however, something that complements the above is to identify if the area where you want to place it is a high-traffic area.
For example, a floor with the desired aesthetic and a more economical material may be chosen if a room usually has little traffic. While if the space has a high level of traffic where people pass more frequently, you can opt for a more durable floor to withstand this constant pressure.
In addition, of course, some other factors should be considered, such as climate and geographical location, as well as the budget you have or want to invest in installing this floor.
Hardwood Floor Care and Maintenance
Despite being very resistant, hardwood floors require special care to prevent them from wearing out or losing their durability.
The first thing to do to keep this floor in good condition is to clean it regularly using a broom or vacuum cleaner to remove dust, dirt, and grime.
It is not recommended to use a very wet mop or to pour water directly on the floor during the cleaning process, as this is the cause of humidity build-up under the floor.
Using special products for cleaning wood floors will make them last much longer, and you can have an elegant and durable floor in the room you want.
Diamond Flooring, Your Best Option
At Diamonds Flooring, we take care of the professional installation of hardwood floors. With years of experience behind us, we can assure you that we will give you the best attention, the best quality in installation, and the best materials that will make your floor look perfect and, above all, durable.
Our experience in flooring installation has led us to become the #1 for hardwood floors; contact us for more information.